Ahhh, it's been far too long since I've sat down to write anything.
Some of that's due to an incredibly busy schedule leading up to my departure of the west coast (best coast.) Lately it's been due to, well, not wanting to be open and write what I'm thinking and feeling.

The winds of change blow constant in my life, whether they're 100 mph storm winds or a 15 mph breeze. Sometimes I face the wind in my stubbornness, reluctant to resist to its pushing, and sometimes I let it carry me, eager to see where it will take me.

Since my return to Minnesota from SoCal, my heart has been filled with a peace and joy. There really is no place like home. I've wandered among the trees, smelled the pines and the recent rains that soak into the earth. I've sat by the lakes, my heart so content to sit by still waters and watch as it reflects the sunset painted sky. I've followed the clouds filled with thunder and lightening that spark an adventurous spirit in my soul. I've shared drinks and food and laughter with dear old friends I've missed while I was away.

On the return side, all these things are just ever-so-slightly tainted by the pinch in my heart, aching for the friends and life I shared in Camarillo. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the ocean (who wouldn't?), and of course the outer-suburb life, given how far away from Camarillo was to the city, as I am now in a very hustling and bustling area of Minneapolis. But mostly, my heart aches for the friendships and the relationships I built there. My dear Camarillo friends, please know that you are all one of a kind and I miss you all more than I can express.

But, alas, change brings me here.
I'm adjusting.

It's taking time and space.

There are things I find that make me ache to return to Camarillo. And there are things I find that make me breath in a deep breath and say "I love Minnesota and am so glad I am back."

My life has changed immeasurably in the past several years.

I am finding my new footing. Sometimes my grip underneath my feet is much faultier than others.

In all of these adjustments and changes, there is one thing I need to say.

I am confident and at peace with where God has me right now. He deserves the glory for what he is doing in and through my life, and whatever comes my way, I will follow him.