One of my favorite films, albeit rather cheesy, is The Christmas Cottage, a fictional film representing the work and life of a great artist, Thomas Kinkade.
I've always been fascinated by his work. His paintings seem to capture enchanting scenes of a life I wish for. Streets filled with the laughter of children, or a quaint and charming cottage tucked in a corner by the riverbed, where the water meanders its way through the pasture. My favorite, of course, are his wintertime paintings, which seem to capture the spirit and joy of the Christmas season contrasted against the soft and quiet evenings by the fireplace.
In the movie, his mentor tells him to "Paint the Light." And what a beautiful picture that becomes, when you paint the light.

I love that idea. For there is so much darkness and madness in the world, it's hard to find that solid truth. But what joy and comfort comes by the light of the world.

I like to take walks during my short breaks during the day. And as I walk under this small line of trees, I love closing my eyes and lifting my head upwards. The sun pokes through the leaves and hits my face, and though I may have my eyes closed, I can still feel and sense the sun bursting through as it hits face. Today, I decided to capture the light.