It's so refreshing to have a new design on the blog. Like a fresh start, there's a renewed energy towards blogging. My beautiful friend Julia keeps inspiring me with her beautifully simplistic posts. Part of me used to, and admittedly, still does, think that I have to have something incomparably beautiful to blog about, and if I can't compose anything that could compare to Jane Austen, there's no reason to write it.

I had a Saturday excursion with the lovely Samantha Stevens, who I consider my writer-kicker-in-the-butt. She told me the same thing I knew but hadn't applied: whether it's crap or not isn't the issue. Quit being an editor and be a creator. So part of my creative process is gathering inspiration, which I've been lacking. So I've been flitting my way through pinterest lately, gathering bits and pieces of random inspiration. I don't know why they named pinterest instead of pinsperation. (Or maybe, just like me, when saying that out loud, they realized just how close that sounds to perspiration, which would not give the same effect.) I've been learning that inspiration is everywhere, and it is my duty as a creator to seek out inspiration to continue creating. So I'm committing to blogging at least once a week. It may be a little blurb, it may be a 1,000 word essay on the lessons learned from the last church service, but it'll be a post.