I love walking around our neighborhood. I've met several of the families that live on our block, and typically have conversations with Jerry, our neighbor, on a weekly basis.

On one of my recent walks I found a line of handprints outside of a home. I'd never noticed them before, but as I walked past, they had an inexplicable draw that kept me staring at them, trying to guess who each family member is, how old they were, and how their lives have changed since.

I'm always intrigued by these things - somehow adding a handprint into cement is a physical connection to the past, solidifying your lifelong handprint on this earth. It makes me wonder what their metaphorical handprint was like, whose lives they touched, what they did.

And then it makes me think...what would others say about my handprint?