One of my favorite traditions during Christmas-time is all the Christmas decorating. Who doesn't love staring at lights, tinsel, garland, and, now that I live in Southern California, *fake snow?

A couple nights ago, my roommate and I went to go get our Christmas Tree, which we later affectionately dubbed "Alfalfa," for he has a funny cowlick of a branch in the back. He smells like a great Christmas tree and oftentimes I will walk up to the tree just to close my eyes and take a whiff of the pine.

Though the majority of our Christmas tree is filled with round shiny ornaments, there are several that have cute meanings behind them - Kim and her love affair with owls, plus a Hello Kitty arrangement that she bought upon her engagement with Wes...me and a few I handmade recently.

In addition to the obligatory wrapping-selves in lights and sipping hot cocoa while dancing around to Jingle Bell Rock, we also decked our halls in garland, poinsettias, tinsel, stockings, and more lights.


There is something so calming and soothing about just sitting and staring at the lights in silence late in the night. The peace that fills my soul as I sit and sip on a cup of tea, getting lost in a daze of memories and dreams.

Christmas time is my favorite time of the year. And though I still have no (real) snow, I am truly enjoying the advent of our Lord Jesus Christ and celebrating the season with friends that are family.




Soon this house will be busting with people, eating and chatting and having a grand time. Now its time to get baking and prepping!